Chamber launches Wirral Business Awards 2015 Back
The competition has grown year on year and is Wirral’s premier showcase of excellence in enterprise, recognised as a standout business and networking event in the region’s business calendar. (pictured right are 2014 award winners)
Its importance is acknowledged through the support of headline sponsors from Park Group plc, The Contact Company and Magenta Living.
Chris Houghton, Chief Executive of Park Group plc spoke about how Wirral is blessed with young, innovative businesses. He said: “As an elder statesman of the Wirral business community Park Group is delighted to support the awards and what they stand for."
The annual competition, which is free to enter, creates opportunities for businesses of all sizes and sectors, sole traders, charities and individuals to come together and celebrate the success of Wirral’s business talent.
Paula Basnett, CEO, Wirral Chamber of Commerce said: “Each year I am amazed at sthe quality of applications received for each category. It is only fitting that the Wirral Business Awards 2015 will be recognition of all our nominees’ achievements over the past twelve months.”
There are thirteen award categories to choose from which include Business Person of the Year, Newcomer of the Year, Apprentice/Trainee of the Year and the coveted Outstanding Business of the Year prize.
· Business of the Year (Under 11 employees) – sponsored by McEwan Wallace
· Business of the Year (11-49 employees) – sponsored by Russell Taylor Group
· Business of the Year (50+ employees) – sponsored by NW Systems Group
· Newcomer of the Year - sponsored by Cabfind.com
· Business Person of the Year – sponsored by Sovex Systems
· International Trade Award – sponsored by Isle of Man Government
· Sustainability Award - sponsored by Unilever
· Investment of the Year – Peel Group
· Community Award – sponsored by Progress to Excellence
· People Development Award– sponsored by Wirral Met College
· Customer Service Award - sponsored by Hillyer McKeown
· Apprentice/Trainee of the Year – sponsored by Stiebel Eltron UK
· Financial and Professional Services Award - sponsored by Digitel Europe
Patrick McCarthy, Deputy Chief Executive of Magenta Living was also pleased to support the event, he said: "Our sponsorship is a way of supporting the Wirral business community. We have strong relationships with many Wirral businesses and sponsoring the awards is another way of contributing to the wider interests of the Wirral community."
The closing date for applications is Friday 25th May 2015. The winners will be announced at a black-tie gala dinner held at the exclusive Thornton Manor on Friday 18th September when an audience of over 600 leading business people will gather to celebrate the winning businesses achievements.
The ceremony will include a sparkling drinks reception sponsored by Typhoo Tea and a lavish four course dinner with entertainment. Asif Hamid, CEO of The Contact Company added, "Sponsoring the awards is about putting something back into the business community. The awards do a lot to promote Wirral. It is a very enjoyable evening and great to see so many diverse businesses together."
Full details and information about how to apply for the Wirral Business Awards is available at www.wirralbusinessawards.com or by emailing the Wirral Chamber of Commerce on email@example.com.